Related occupations for task:
Gather intelligence information by field observation, confidential information sources, or public records.
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.
- Question individuals or observe persons and establishments to confirm information given to patrol officers.
- Observe and photograph narcotic purchase transactions to compile evidence and protect undercover investigators.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.
- Observe and document activities of individuals to detect unlawful acts or to obtain evidence for cases, using binoculars and still or video cameras.
||Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses or by analyzing records.
- Examine records to locate links in chains of evidence or information.
||Fish and Game Wardens
- Survey areas and compile figures of bag counts of hunters to determine the effectiveness of control measures.
||Gaming Surveillance Officers and Gaming Investigators
- Observe casino or casino hotel operations for irregular activities, such as cheating or theft by employees or patrons, using audio and video equipment and one-way mirrors.
See all 6 related occupations >>