Related occupations for task:
Participate in internal or external audits.
||Accountants and Auditors
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Conduct pre-implementation audits to determine if systems and programs under development will work as planned.
- Investigate activities of institutions to enforce laws and regulations and to ensure legality of transactions and operations or financial solvency.
- Evaluate data processing applications for institutions under examination to develop recommendations for coordinating existing systems with examination procedures.
||Tax Examiners and Collectors, and Revenue Agents
- Examine accounting systems and records to determine whether accounting methods used were appropriate and in compliance with statutory provisions.