||Electro-Mechanical and Mechatronics Technologists and Technicians
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, or bridges.
- Develop, test, or program new robots.
- Operate, test, or maintain robotic equipment used for green production applications, such as waste-to-energy conversion systems, minimization of material waste, or replacement of human operators in dangerous work environments.
- Select and use laboratory, operational, or diagnostic techniques or test equipment to assess electromechanical circuits, equipment, processes, systems, or subsystems.
||Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Inspect or test parts to determine nature or cause of defects or malfunctions.
- Perform or execute manual or automated tests of automotive system or component performance, efficiency, or durability.
- Participate in research or testing of computerized automotive applications, such as telemetrics, intelligent transportation systems, artificial intelligence, or automatic control.
- Build instrumentation or laboratory test equipment for special purposes.
||Radio Frequency Identification Device Specialists
- Integrate tags, readers, or software in radio frequency identification device (RFID) designs.
- Test radio frequency identification device (RFID) software to ensure proper functioning.
- Install, test, or maintain radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems.
- Test tags or labels to ensure readability.
- Conduct harsh environmental testing, accelerated aging, device characterization, or field trials to validate devices, using inspection tools, testing protocols, peripheral instrumentation, or modeling and simulation software.
- Design or develop sensors to reduce the energy or resource requirements to operate appliances, such as washing machines or dishwashing machines.
- Design sensors or switches that require little or no power to operate for environmental monitoring or industrial metering applications.
- Develop or test models of alternate designs or processing methods to assess feasibility, sustainability, operating condition effects, potential new applications, or necessity of modification.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Design test control apparatus or equipment or develop procedures for testing products.