Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.01 - Acute Care Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Discuss illnesses and treatments with patients and family members.
- Discuss testing options and the associated risks, benefits and limitations with patients and families to assist them in making informed decisions.
- Provide counseling to patient and family members by providing information, education, or reassurance.
- Provide patients with information about the inheritance of conditions such as cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, and various forms of cancer.
- Provide information about the physical and emotional processes involved in the pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum periods.
- Provide patients with contraceptive and family planning information.
- Inform patients of how to prepare and supply birth sites.
- Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.
- Communicate examination results or diagnostic information to referring physicians, patients, or families.
- Provide patients with proposed treatment plans and cost estimates.
See all 13 related occupations >>