Related occupations for task:
Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
||Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
- Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and fire service, emergency ambulance service, information, and after-hours calls for departments within a city.
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer calls not requiring dispatches to appropriate departments and agencies.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Monitor emergency and code alarms, make emergency announcements, or route emergency calls to the appropriate location.
||Insurance Policy Processing Clerks
- Interview clients and take their calls to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
See all 18 related occupations >>