Related Occupations for Task
29-1181.00 - Audiologists
Related occupations for task:
Recommend assistive devices according to patients' needs or nature of impairments.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Assist clients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Suggest and apply the use of supports such as straps, tapes, bandages, or braces if necessary.
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, or healthcare supplies.
||Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
- Assist patients to select eyewear.
||Low Vision Therapists, Orientation and Mobility Specialists, and Vision Rehabilitation Therapists
- Recommend appropriate mobility devices or systems, such as human guides, dog guides, long canes, electronic travel aids (ETAs), and other adaptive mobility devices (AMDs).