Related occupations for task:
Identify, compare, classify, and file fingerprints, using systems such as Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) or the Henry Classification System.
- Gather, analyze, correlate, or evaluate information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases.
- Design, use, or maintain databases and software applications, such as geographic information systems (GIS) mapping and artificial intelligence tools.
||Detectives and Criminal Investigators
- Preserve, process, and analyze items of evidence obtained from crime scenes and suspects, placing them in proper containers and destroying evidence no longer needed.
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
||Parking Enforcement Workers
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
||Fire Inspectors and Investigators
- Analyze evidence and other information to determine probable cause of fire or explosion.