Related occupations for task:
Perform clerical activities, such as answering phones, sorting mail, filing, typing, word processing, and photocopying and mailing out material.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Perform various data entry or word processing tasks, such as updating phone directories, typing or proofreading documents, or creating schedules.
- Process incoming or outgoing mail, packages, or deliveries.
- Monitor emergency and code alarms, make emergency announcements, or route emergency calls to the appropriate location.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
||Word Processors and Typists
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Address envelopes or prepare envelope labels, using typewriter or computer.
- Type correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or previous versions, using a computer, word processor, or typewriter.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Sort and route incoming mail, and collect outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
- Place incoming or outgoing letters or packages into sacks or bins based on destination or type, and place identifying tags on sacks or bins.
- Stamp dates and times of receipt of incoming mail.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
See more related occupations >>