Related Occupations for Task
31-1131.00 - Nursing Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Administer medications or treatments, such as catheterizations, suppositories, irrigations, enemas, massages, or douches, as directed by a physician or nurse.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Administer medication, immunizations, or blood plasma to animals as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Provide emergency first aid to sick or injured animals.
- Perform enemas, catheterizations, ear flushes, intravenous feedings, or gavages.
- Administer anesthetics during surgery and monitor the effects on animals.
- Provide patients with direct family planning services, such as inserting intrauterine devices, dispensing oral contraceptives, and fitting cervical barriers, including cervical caps or diaphragms.
- Manage newborn care during the first weeks of life.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
||Personal Care Aides
- Administer bedside or personal care, such as ambulation or personal hygiene assistance.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- Apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
See all 20 related occupations >>