Related Occupations for Task
31-1131.00 - Nursing Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Assist nurses or physicians in the operation of medical equipment or provision of patient care.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Assist veterinarians in examining animals to determine the nature of illnesses or injuries.
- Prepare surgical equipment and pass instruments or materials to veterinarians during surgical procedures.
- Provide assistance with euthanasia of animals or disposal of corpses.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of endoscopic procedures.
- Place devices, such as blood pressure cuffs, pulse oximeter sensors, nasal cannulas, surgical cautery pads, and cardiac monitoring electrodes, on patients to monitor vital signs.
||Medical Equipment Preparers
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Start equipment and observe gauges and equipment operation to detect malfunctions and to ensure equipment is operating to prescribed standards.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
See all 6 related occupations >>