||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Measure or weigh specified amounts of ingredients or materials, and load them into tanks, vats, hoppers, or other equipment.
- Weigh packages and adjust freezer air valves or switches on filler heads to obtain specified amounts of product in each container.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
||Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Place rolls of paper or cardboard on machine feed tracks, and thread paper through gluing, coating, and slitting rollers.
- Fill glue and paraffin reservoirs, and position rollers to dispense glue onto paperboard.
- Lift tote boxes of finished cartons, and dump cartons into feed hoppers.
- Load automatic stapling mechanisms.
||Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Adjust machine components according to specifications such as widths, lengths, and thickness of materials and amounts of glue, cement, or adhesive required.
- Start machines, and turn valves or move controls to feed, admit, apply, or transfer materials and adhesives, and to adjust temperature, pressure, and time settings.
- Fill machines with glue, cement, or adhesives.
- Mount or load material such as paper, plastic, wood, or rubber in feeding mechanisms of cementing or gluing machines.
||Printing Press Operators
- Adjust ink fountain flow rates.
- Load presses with paper and make necessary adjustments, according to paper size.
- Obtain or mix inks and fill ink fountains.
- Monitor environmental factors, such as humidity and temperature, that may impact equipment performance and make necessary adjustments.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Pull levers to lift ladle stoppers and to allow molten steel to flow into ingot molds to specified heights.
- Load specified amounts of metal and flux into furnaces or clay crucibles.