Related occupations for task:
Lubricate, clean, or make minor repairs to machine parts to keep machines in working condition.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Clean and maintain extruding and forming machines, using hand tools.
- Remove polymer deposits from spinnerettes and equipment, using silicone spray, brass chisels, and bronze-wool pads.
- Remove excess, entangled, or completed filaments from machines, using hand tools.
- Wipe finish rollers with cloths and wash finish trays with water when necessary.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Add treating or neutralizing agents to products, and pump products through filters or centrifuges to remove impurities or to precipitate products.
- Drain equipment, and pump water or other solutions through to flush and clean tanks or equipment.
- Flush or clean equipment, using steam hoses or mechanical reamers.
- Make minor repairs, lubricate, and maintain equipment, using hand tools.
- Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Perform minor repairs to machines, such as replacing damaged or worn parts.
- Wash work areas, machines, equipment, vehicles, or products.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Maintain and repair equipment, or report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors so that repairs can be scheduled.
- Inspect pipelines, tightening connections and lubricating valves as necessary.
- Clean interiors of processing units by circulating chemicals and solvents within units.
||Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
- Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
- Clean and lubricate boilers and auxiliary equipment and make minor adjustments as needed, using hand tools.
- Provide assistance to plumbers in repairing or replacing water, sewer, or waste lines, and in daily maintenance activities.
See more related occupations >>