Related occupations for task:
Review computer-processed digital images for quality.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Proofread and perform quality control of text and images.
- Examine photographic images for obvious imperfections prior to plate making.
- Perform tests to determine lengths of exposures, by exposing plates, scanning line copy, and comparing exposures to tone range scales.
- Analyze originals to evaluate color density, gradation highlights, middle tones, and shadows, using densitometers and knowledge of light and color.
- Inspect developed film for specified results and quality, using magnifying glasses and scopes, forwarding acceptable negatives or positives to other workers or to customers.
||Printing Press Operators
- Start presses and pull proofs to check for ink coverage and density, alignment, and registration.
- Collect and inspect random samples during print runs to identify any necessary adjustments.
||Etchers and Engravers
- Print proofs or examine designs to verify accuracy of engraving, and rework engraving as required.
||Fabric and Apparel Patternmakers
- Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product.
||Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Examine stitched, collated, bound, or unbound product samples for defects, such as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn pages, loose pages, or loose or uncut threads.