Related Occupations for Task
17-2051.00 - Civil Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Develop methodologies for transferring procedures or biological processes from laboratories to commercial-scale manufacturing production.
- Devise scalable recovery, purification, or fermentation processes for producing proteins or other biological substances for human or animal therapeutic use, food production or processing, biofuels, or effluent treatment.
- Develop recovery processes to separate or purify products from fermentation broths or slurries.
- Develop processes or products, such as natural recovery monitoring, in situ capping or treatment, or sediment removal, to treat contamination of subaqueous sediment.
- Develop alternative processes to produce crude oil, such as extraction from diatoms or thermochemical conversion of manure or other wastes.
- Design processes to manufacture synthetic molecules for applications such as pharmaceuticals or pesticides.
- Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
- Conduct water quality studies to identify and characterize water pollutant sources.
- Conduct environmental impact studies related to water and wastewater collection, treatment, or distribution.
||Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Develop or maintain programs associated with automated production equipment.
- Develop production, inventory, or quality assurance programs.
- Evaluate current or proposed manufacturing processes or practices for environmental sustainability, considering factors such as green house gas emissions, air pollution, water pollution, energy use, or waste creation.
||Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists
- Compare the performance or environmental impact of nanomaterials by nanoparticle size, shape, or organization.
- Analyze the life cycle of nanomaterials or nano-enabled products to determine environmental impact.
||Industrial Engineering Technologists
- Develop or implement programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Integrate high-speed loops and advanced control algorithms with graphical system designs to improve the efficiency of production operations.
See more related occupations >>