Related Occupations for Task
17-2141.00 - Mechanical Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Evaluate mechanical designs or prototypes for energy performance or environmental impact.
- Review new product plans and make recommendations for material selection, based on design objectives, such as strength, weight, heat resistance, electrical conductivity, and cost.
- Plan and evaluate new projects, consulting with other engineers and corporate executives as necessary.
||Solar Energy Systems Engineers
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Review aerospace engineering designs to determine how to reduce negative environmental impacts.
||Energy Engineers, Except Wind and Solar
- Review architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans or specifications to evaluate energy efficiency.
- Evaluate construction project materials for compliance with environmental standards.