Related Occupations for Task
17-2161.00 - Nuclear Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Design fuel cycle models or processes to reduce the quantity of radioactive waste generated from nuclear activities.
- Develop catalysis or other green chemistry methods to synthesize nanomaterials, such as nanotubes, nanocrystals, nanorods, or nanowires.
- Design nanosystems with components such as nanocatalysts or nanofiltration devices to clean specific pollutants from hazardous waste sites.
- Design nano-based manufacturing processes to minimize water, chemical, or energy use, as well as to reduce waste production.
- Develop biocatalytic processes to convert biomass to fuels or fine chemicals, using enzymes of bacteria, yeast, or other microorganisms.
- Develop bioremediation processes to reduce pollution, protect the environment, or treat waste products.
- Design and supervise environmental and land reclamation projects in agriculture and related industries.
||Electromechanical Engineering Technologists
- Identify energy-conserving production or fabrication methods, such as by bending metal rather than cutting and welding or casting metal.
- Redesign packaging for manufactured products to minimize raw material use or waste.
See all 7 related occupations >>