Related Occupations for Task
47-2181.00 - Roofers
Related occupations for task:
Attach solar panels to existing roofs, according to specifications and without damaging roofing materials or the structural integrity of buildings.
||Solar Thermal Installers and Technicians
- Install solar collector mounting devices on tile, asphalt, shingle, or built-up gravel roofs, using appropriate materials and penetration methods.
- Identify plumbing, electrical, environmental, or safety hazards associated with solar thermal installations.
- Install flat-plat, evacuated glass, or concentrating solar collectors on mounting devices, using brackets or struts.
- Install solar thermal system controllers and sensors.
- Design active direct or indirect, passive direct or indirect, or pool solar systems.
- Install heat exchangers and heat exchanger fluids according to installation manuals and schematics.
||Solar Photovoltaic Installers
- Install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards, using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
- Identify electrical, environmental, and safety hazards associated with photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Identify and resolve any deficiencies in photovoltaic (PV) system installation or materials.
- Program, adjust, or configure inverters and controls for desired set points and operating modes.
- Install active solar systems, including solar collectors, concentrators, pumps, or fans.