Related Occupations for Task
31-9092.00 - Medical Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Assist veterinarians in examining animals to determine the nature of illnesses or injuries.
- Administer medication, immunizations, or blood plasma to animals as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Prepare surgical equipment and pass instruments or materials to veterinarians during surgical procedures.
- Provide emergency first aid to sick or injured animals.
- Provide assistance with euthanasia of animals or disposal of corpses.
- Administer anesthetics during surgery and monitor the effects on animals.
- Perform enemas, catheterizations, ear flushes, intravenous feedings, or gavages.
- Prepare patient, sterilize or disinfect instruments, set up instrument trays, prepare materials, or assist dentist during dental procedures.
- Assist dentist in management of medical or dental emergencies.
- Clean teeth, using dental instruments.
- Apply protective coating of fluoride to teeth.
- Assist nurses or physicians in the operation of medical equipment or provision of patient care.
- Administer medications or treatments, such as catheterizations, suppositories, irrigations, enemas, massages, or douches, as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Provide patients with direct family planning services, such as inserting intrauterine devices, dispensing oral contraceptives, and fitting cervical barriers, including cervical caps or diaphragms.
- Manage newborn care during the first weeks of life.
||Personal Care Aides
- Administer bedside or personal care, such as ambulation or personal hygiene assistance.
- Perform healthcare-related tasks, such as monitoring vital signs and medication, under the direction of registered nurses or physiotherapists.
See more related occupations >>