Related occupations for task:
Identify and recommend energy savings strategies to achieve more energy-efficient operation.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage.
- Calculate potential for energy savings.
- Measure energy usage with devices such as data loggers, universal data recorders, light meters, sling psychrometers, psychrometric charts, flue gas analyzers, amp probes, watt meters, volt meters, thermometers, or utility meters.
- Quantify energy consumption to establish baselines for energy use or need.
- Determine patterns of building use to show annual or monthly needs for heating, cooling, lighting, or other energy needs.
- Compare existing energy consumption levels to normative data.
- Analyze energy bills, including utility rates or tariffs, to gather historical energy usage data.
- Provide technical support for environmental remediation or litigation projects, including remediation system design or determination of regulatory applicability.
- Advise corporations or government agencies of procedures to follow in cleaning up contaminated sites to protect people and the environment.
- Inform company employees or other interested parties of environmental issues.
- Advise industries or government agencies about environmental policies and standards.
- Provide technical support on water resource or treatment issues to government agencies.
- Analyze and recommend sludge treatment or disposal methods.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Recommend the use of utility or energy services that minimize carbon footprints.