Related Occupations for Task
27-1025.00 - Interior Designers
Related occupations for task:
Design spaces to be environmentally friendly, using sustainable, recycled materials when feasible.
||Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
- Plan or design structures such as residences, office buildings, theatres, factories, or other structural properties in accordance with environmental, safety, or other regulations.
- Design or plan construction of green building projects to minimize adverse environmental impact or conserve energy.
- Design structures that incorporate environmentally friendly building practices or concepts, such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards.
- Integrate existing land features or landscaping into designs.
- Create landscapes that minimize water consumption such as by incorporating drought-resistant grasses or indigenous plants.
- Identify and select appropriate sustainable materials for use in landscape designs, such as recycled wood or recycled concrete boards for structural elements or recycled tires for playground bedding.
- Design transportation systems or structures, using sustainable materials or products, such as porous pavement or bioretention structures.
||Manufacturing Engineering Technologists
- Design plant or production layouts that minimize environmental impacts.
- Design energy efficient or environmentally sound civil structures.