Related occupations for task:
Direct theatre productions and projects.
- Use gestures to shape the music being played, communicating desired tempo, phrasing, tone, color, pitch, volume, and other performance aspects.
- Direct groups at rehearsals and live or recorded performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance dynamics, rhythm, and tempo.
- Plan and schedule rehearsals and performances, and arrange details such as locations, accompanists, and instrumentalists.
- Position members within groups to obtain balance among instrumental or vocal sections.
- Conduct guest soloists in addition to ensemble members.
||Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Direct live broadcasts, films and recordings, or non-broadcast programming for public entertainment or education.
- Compile cue words and phrases and cue announcers, cast members, and technicians during performances.
- Produce shows for special occasions, such as holidays or testimonials.
- Cue announcers, actors, performers, and guests.
- Direct technical aspects of newscasts and other productions, checking and switching between video sources and taking responsibility for the on-air product, including camera shots and graphics.
See all 10 related occupations >>