Related Occupations for Task
15-1299.04 - Penetration Testers
Related occupations for task:
Investigate security incidents by using computer forensics, network forensics, root cause analysis, or malware analysis.
- Gather, analyze, correlate, or evaluate information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases.
- Validate known intelligence with data from other sources.
- Analyze intelligence data to identify patterns and trends in criminal activity.
- Gather intelligence information by field observation, confidential information sources, or public records.
- Predict future gang, organized crime, or terrorist activity, using analyses of intelligence data.
- Evaluate records of communications, such as telephone calls, to plot activity and determine the size and location of criminal groups and members.
- Gather and evaluate information, using tools, such as aerial photographs, radar equipment, or sensitive radio equipment.
||Detectives and Criminal Investigators
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.
- Analyze completed police reports to determine what additional information and investigative work is needed.
- Obtain and verify evidence by interviewing and observing suspects and witnesses or by analyzing records.
- Examine records to locate links in chains of evidence or information.
||Digital Forensics Analysts
- Analyze log files or other digital information to identify the perpetrators of network intrusions.
- Perform file signature analysis to verify files on storage media or discover potential hidden files.
- Perform forensic investigations of operating or file systems.
- Perform web service network traffic analysis or waveform analysis to detect anomalies, such as unusual events or trends.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, or disturbances to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, or to gather information for court cases.