Related occupations for task:
Design and deliver technology, such as prosthetic devices, to assist people with disabilities.
- Design and fabricate appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires.
- Design and fabricate dental prostheses, or supervise dental technicians and laboratory bench workers who construct the devices.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Design orthopedic and prosthetic devices, based on physicians' prescriptions and examination and measurement of patients.
- Design and create, or requisition, special supplies and equipment, such as splints, braces, and computer-aided adaptive equipment.
- Design, make, or fit prosthodontic appliances, such as space maintainers, bridges, or dentures, or write fabrication instructions or prescriptions for denturists or dental technicians.