Related occupations for task:
Analyze results of investigations to determine measures needed to maintain or restore proper soil management.
||Soil and Plant Scientists
- Conduct experiments to develop new or improved varieties of field crops, focusing on characteristics such as yield, quality, disease resistance, nutritional value, or adaptation to specific soils or climates.
- Investigate responses of soils to specific management practices to determine the effects of alternative practices on the environment.
- Study ways to improve agricultural sustainability, such as the use of new methods of composting.
- Conduct research into the use of plant species as green fuels or in the production of green fuels.
- Conduct studies of nitrogen or alternative fertilizer application methods, quantities, or timing to ensure satisfaction of crop needs and minimization of leaching, runoff, or denitrification.
- Assess comparative soil erosion from various planting or tillage systems, such as conservation tillage with mulch or ridge till systems, no-till systems, or conventional tillage systems with or without moldboard plows.