Related occupations for task:
Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring patient to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning patient properly.
- Maintain stock and supplies, preparing supplies for special examinations and ordering supplies when necessary.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Prepare and position patients for testing.
- Adjust equipment and controls according to physicians' orders or established protocol.
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
- Coordinate or participate in the positioning of patients, using body stabilizing equipment or protective padding to provide appropriate exposure for the procedure or to protect against nerve damage or circulation impairment.
- Gather, arrange, or assemble instruments or supplies.
- Prepare patients for surgery, including positioning patients on the operating table and covering them with sterile surgical drapes to prevent exposure.
- Operate, assemble, adjust, or monitor sterilizers, lights, suction machines, or diagnostic equipment to ensure proper operation.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Restrain animals during exams or procedures.
- Prepare treatment rooms for surgery.
See more related occupations >>