Related Occupations for Task
29-2036.00 - Medical Dosimetrists
Related occupations for task:
Fabricate patient immobilization devices, such as molds or casts, for radiation delivery.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device design.
- Construct and fabricate appliances or supervise others constructing the appliances.
- Make and modify plaster casts of areas that will be fitted with prostheses or orthoses, for use in the device construction process.
- Repair, rebuild, and modify prosthetic and orthopedic appliances.
- Fabricate temporary restorations or custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
- Make preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Pour, trim, and polish study casts.
- Fabricate and fit orthodontic appliances and materials for patients, such as retainers, wires, or bands.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, and fitting the lenses into frames.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
- Design and fabricate appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires.
||Hearing Aid Specialists
- Create or modify impressions for earmolds and hearing aid shells.
See all 12 related occupations >>