Related occupations for task:
Serve as a working leader of an engine, hand, helicopter, or prescribed fire crew of three or more firefighters.
- Create openings in buildings for ventilation or entrance, using axes, chisels, crowbars, electric saws, or core cutters.
- Drive and operate fire fighting vehicles and equipment.
- Position and climb ladders to gain access to upper levels of buildings, or to rescue individuals from burning structures.
- Extinguish flames and embers to suppress fires, using shovels or engine- or hand-driven water or chemical pumps.
- Operate pumps connected to high-pressure hoses.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Direct crews working on firelines during forest fires.
- Extinguish smaller fires with portable extinguishers, shovels, and axes.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
- Administer regulations regarding sanitation, fire prevention, violation corrections, and related forest regulations.
||Fire Inspectors and Investigators
- Supervise staff, training them, planning their work, and evaluating their performance.
- Develop and coordinate fire prevention programs, such as false alarm billing, fire inspection reporting, and hazardous materials management.
||Transit and Railroad Police
- Plan or implement special safety or preventive programs, such as fire or accident prevention.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Use fire suppression methods in industrial emergencies.