Related occupations for task:
Adjust controls on infrared ovens, heat lamps, portable ventilators, or exhaust units to speed the drying of surfaces between coats.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adjust controls to maintain temperatures and heating times, using thermal instruments and charts, dials and gauges of furnaces, and color of stock in furnaces to make setting determinations.
- Reduce heat when processing is complete to allow parts to cool in furnaces or machinery.
- Set oven temperatures, and place items into hot ovens for baking.
- Observe color of products being baked, and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Press and adjust controls to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Set the proper operating temperature for each casting.
- Operate and adjust controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry, or bake filled molds.
||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
See more related occupations >>