Related occupations for task:
Monitor painting operations to identify flaws, such as blisters or streaks, and correct their causes.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Set up, operate, or tend plating or coating machines to coat metal or plastic products with chromium, zinc, copper, cadmium, nickel, or other metal to protect or decorate surfaces.
- Observe gauges to ensure that machines are operating properly, making adjustments or stopping machines when problems occur.
- Adjust controls to set temperatures of coating substances and speeds of machines and equipment.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Operate presses to print proofs of plates, monitoring printing quality to ensure that it is adequate.
||Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Observe continuous operation of automatic machines to ensure that products meet specifications and to detect jams or malfunctions, making adjustments as necessary.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
||Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- Monitor production operations or equipment to ensure conformance to specifications, making necessary process or assembly adjustments.
See all 18 related occupations >>