Related occupations for task:
Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Adjust equipment and controls according to physicians' orders or established protocol.
- Observe ultrasound display screen and listen to signals to record vascular information, such as blood pressure, limb volume changes, oxygen saturation, or cerebral circulation.
- Observe gauges, recorder, and video screens of data analysis system during imaging of cardiovascular system.
- Set up, program, or record montages or electrical combinations when testing peripheral nerve, spinal cord, subcortical, or cortical responses.
- Adjust equipment to optimize viewing of the nervous system.
||Respiratory Therapy Technicians
- Set equipment controls to regulate the flow of oxygen, gases, mists, or aerosols.
- Prepare or test devices, such as mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, aerosol generators, or electrocardiogram (EKG) machines.
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance, according to specification of examination.
- Monitor video display of area being scanned and adjust density or contrast to improve picture quality.
See all 11 related occupations >>