Related occupations for task:
Perform clerical duties, such as scheduling exams or special procedures, keeping records, or archiving computerized images.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, or operating office machines.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
||Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Transcribe medical reports.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Plan, develop, maintain, or operate a variety of health record indexes or storage and retrieval systems to collect, classify, store, or analyze information.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Maintain controlled drug inventory and related log books.
- Maintain laboratory, research, or treatment records, as well as inventories of pharmaceuticals, equipment, or supplies.
- Schedule appointments and procedures for animals.
- Perform a variety of office, clerical, or accounting duties, such as reception, billing, bookkeeping, or selling products.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
See more related occupations >>