Related occupations for task:
Conduct educational activities for school children.
- Instruct children in safe behavior, such as seeking adult assistance when crossing the street and avoiding contact with unsafe objects.
- Teach and perform age-appropriate activities, such as lap play, reading, and arts and crafts, to encourage intellectual development of children.
- Model appropriate social behaviors and encourage concern for others to cultivate development of interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Assign appropriate chores and praise targeted behaviors to encourage development of self-control, self-confidence, and responsibility.
- Supervise and assist with homework.
- Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
- Help children with homework and school work.
||Substitute Teachers, Short-Term
- Teach social skills to students, such as communication, conflict resolution, and etiquette.
- Develop and coordinate educational programs for residents.
||Teaching Assistants, Preschool, Elementary, Middle, and Secondary School, Except Special Education
- Teach social skills to students.