Related occupations for task:
Operate tamping machines or manually roll surfaces to compact earth fills, foundation forms, and finished road materials, according to grade specifications.
- Prepare base for installation by removing unstable or unsuitable materials, compacting and grading the soil, draining or stabilizing weak or saturated soils and taking measures to prevent water penetration and migration of bedding sand.
- Sweep sand into the joints and compact pavement until the joints are full.
- Screed sand level to an even thickness, and recheck sand exposed to elements, raking and rescreeding if necessary.
- Compact bedding sand and pavers to finish the paved area, using a plate compactor.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Clean, grade, or level ballast on railroad tracks.
- Drive graders, tamping machines, brooms, or ballast spreading machines to redistribute gravel or ballast between rails.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Grade or level trench bases, using tamping machines or hand tools.
- Secure stakes to grids for constructions of footings, nail scabs to footing forms, and vibrate and float concrete.
See all 9 related occupations >>