Related occupations for task:
Cut or break up pavement and drive guardrail posts, using machines equipped with interchangeable hammers.
||Rail-Track Laying and Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Operate single- or multiple-head spike driving machines to drive spikes into ties and secure rails.
- Operate track wrenches to tighten or loosen bolts at joints that hold ends of rails together.
- Adjust controls of machines that spread, shape, raise, level, or align track, according to specifications.
- Operate single- or multiple-head spike pullers to pull old spikes from ties.
- String and attach wire-guidelines machine to rails so that tracks or rails can be aligned or leveled.
- Engage mechanisms that lay tracks or rails to specified gauges.
- Drive vehicles that automatically move and lay tracks or rails over sections of track to be constructed, repaired, or maintained.
- Turn wheels of machines, using lever controls, to adjust guidelines for track alignments or grades, following specifications.
- Push controls to close grasping devices on track or rail sections so that they can be raised or moved.
||Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Remove pieces of stone from larger masses, using jackhammers, wedges, and other tools.
- Insert wedges and feathers into holes, and drive wedges with sledgehammers to split stone sections from masses.
- Drill holes along outlines, using jackhammers.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Adjust handwheels and depress pedals to control attachments, such as blades, buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
- Perform specialized work, using equipment, such as pile drivers, dredging rigs, drillers, or concrete pumpers.
||Pile Driver Operators
- Move levers and turn valves to activate power hammers, or to raise and lower drophammers that drive piles to required depths.
- Drive pilings to provide support for buildings or other structures, using heavy equipment with a pile driver head.
||Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
- Break asphalt and other pavement so that pipes can be accessed, using airhammers, picks, and shovels.
See all 11 related occupations >>