Related Occupations for Task
47-5061.00 - Roof Bolters, Mining
Related occupations for task:
Position bolting machines, and insert drill bits into chucks.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Coordinate machine actions with other activities, positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals from crew members.
- Align machines, cutterheads, or depth gauge makers with reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment, following hand signals of other workers.
- Connect hydraulic hoses, belts, mechanical linkages, or power takeoff shafts to tractors.
- Select and fasten bulldozer blades or other attachments to tractors, using hitches.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Monitor progress of drilling operations, and select and change drill bits according to the nature of strata, using hand tools.
- Position and prepare truck-mounted derricks at drilling areas specified on field maps.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Assemble and position equipment, explosives, and blasting caps in holes at specified depths, or load perforating guns or torpedoes with explosives.
- Lower perforating guns into wells, using hoists; then use measuring devices and instrument panels to position guns in correct positions for taking samples.
||Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Install rotary knives on flexible cables mounted on machine reels, according to the diameters of pipes to be cleaned.
- Start machines to feed revolving cables or rods into openings, stopping machines and changing knives to conform to pipe sizes.
||Earth Drillers, Except Oil and Gas
- Assemble and position machines, augers, casing pipes, and other equipment, using hand and power tools.
- Place and install screens, casings, pumps, and other well fixtures to develop wells.
See all 10 related occupations >>