Related occupations for task:
Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary.
- Follow recipes to produce food products of specified flavor, texture, clarity, bouquet, or color.
- Set up, operate, and tend equipment that cooks, mixes, blends, or processes ingredients in the manufacturing of food products, according to formulas or recipes.
- Turn valve controls to start equipment and to adjust operation to maintain product quality.
- Observe and listen to equipment to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and report malfunctions or undesirable tastes to supervisors.
- Cool food product batches on slabs or in water-cooled kettles.
- Homogenize or pasteurize material to prevent separation or to obtain prescribed butterfat content, using a homogenizing device.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Notify other workers of defects, and direct them to adjust extruding and forming machines.
- Start metering pumps and observe operation of machines and equipment to ensure continuous flow of filaments extruded through spinnerettes and to detect processing defects.
||Petroleum Pump System Operators, Refinery Operators, and Gaugers
- Verify that incoming and outgoing products are moving through the correct meters, and that meters are working properly.
- Maintain and repair equipment, or report malfunctioning equipment to supervisors so that repairs can be scheduled.
||Chemical Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions.
- Notify maintenance engineers of equipment malfunctions.
- Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in production ovens or on grills.
- Set time and speed controls for mixing machines, blending machines, or steam kettles so that ingredients will be mixed or cooked according to instructions.
See more related occupations >>