||Cooling and Freezing Equipment Operators and Tenders
- Monitor pressure gauges, ammeters, flowmeters, thermometers, or products, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions, such as feed rate, product consistency, temperature, air pressure, and machine speed.
- Read dials and gauges on panel control boards to ascertain temperatures, alkalinities, and densities of mixtures, and turn valves to obtain specified mixtures.
- Start machinery, such as pumps, feeders, or conveyors, and turn valves to heat, admit, or transfer products, refrigerants, or mixes.
- Weigh packages and adjust freezer air valves or switches on filler heads to obtain specified amounts of product in each container.
||Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Load materials into extruding and forming machines, using hand tools, and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Observe flow of finish across finish rollers, and turn valves to adjust flow to specifications.
- Press metering-pump buttons and turn valves to stop flow of polymers.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Pull levers to lift ladle stoppers and to allow molten steel to flow into ingot molds to specified heights.
- Read temperature gauges and observe color changes, adjusting furnace flames, torches, or electrical heating units as necessary to melt metal to specifications.
||Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Monitor material flow or instruments, such as temperature or pressure gauges, indicators, or meters, to ensure optimal processing conditions.
- Turn valves or move controls to admit, drain, separate, filter, clarify, mix, or transfer materials.
- Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
||Chemical Plant and System Operators
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights, or other indicators and listen for warning signals to verify conformity of process conditions.
- Turn valves to regulate flow of products or byproducts through agitator tanks, storage drums, or neutralizer tanks.