Related occupations for task:
Repair holes in tire tubes, using scrapers and patches.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Replace valve stems and remove puncturing objects.
- Seal punctures in tubeless tires by inserting adhesive material and expanding rubber plugs into punctures, using hand tools.
- Glue tire patches over ruptures in tire casings, using rubber cement.
- Roll new rubber treads, known as camelbacks, over tire casings and mold the semi-raw rubber treads onto the buffed casings.
- Apply rubber cement to buffed tire casings prior to vulcanization process.
- Patch tubes with adhesive rubber patches or seal rubber patches to tubes, using hot vulcanizing plates.
- Place tire casings and tread rubber assemblies in tire molds for the vulcanization process and exert pressure to ensure good adhesion.