Related occupations for task:
Prepare briefs and assist in searching and seizing records to prepare charges and documentation for court cases.
- Perform medicolegal examinations and autopsies, conducting preliminary examinations of the body to identify victims, locate signs of trauma, and identify factors that would indicate time of death.
- Inquire into the cause, manner, and circumstances of human deaths and establish the identities of deceased persons.
- Complete death certificates, including the assignment of cause and manner of death.
- Collect and document any pertinent medical history information.
- Complete reports and forms required to finalize cases.
- Observe, record, and preserve any objects or personal property related to deaths, including objects such as medication containers and suicide notes.
- Observe and record the positions and conditions of bodies and related evidence.
- Collect wills, burial instructions, and other documentation needed for investigations and for handling of the remains.
||Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
- Prepare written reports of investigation findings.
- Interview witnesses or suspects and take statements.
- Prepare evidence for presentation in court.
- Conduct field surveillance to gather case-related information.
||Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Determine the nature of code violations and actions to be taken, and issue written notices of violation, participating in enforcement hearings, as necessary.
- Prepare written, oral, tabular, and graphic reports summarizing requirements and regulations, including enforcement and chain of custody documentation.
||Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Analyze information gathered by investigation and report findings and recommendations.
- Collect evidence to support contested claims in court.
||Detectives and Criminal Investigators
- Obtain summary of incident from officer in charge at crime scene, taking care to avoid disturbing evidence.
See all 8 related occupations >>