Related Occupations for Task
31-9091.00 - Dental Assistants
Related occupations for task:
Expose dental diagnostic x-rays.
||Medical Equipment Preparers
- Operate and maintain steam autoclaves, keeping records of loads completed, items in loads, and maintenance procedures performed.
- Start equipment and observe gauges and equipment operation to detect malfunctions and to ensure equipment is operating to prescribed standards.
- Place devices, such as blood pressure cuffs, pulse oximeter sensors, nasal cannulas, surgical cautery pads, and cardiac monitoring electrodes, on patients to monitor vital signs.
- Operate capsule or tablet counting machine that automatically distributes a certain number of capsules or tablets into smaller containers.
- Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Assist nurses or physicians in the operation of medical equipment or provision of patient care.