||Farm and Ranch Managers
- Direct crop production operations, such as planning, tilling, planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, or harvesting.
- Plan crop activities based on factors such as crop maturity or weather conditions.
- Direct the breeding or raising of stock, such as cattle, poultry, or honeybees, using recognized breeding practices to ensure stock improvement.
- Determine types or quantities of crops or livestock to be raised, according to factors such as market conditions, federal programs or incentives, or soil conditions.
- Operate or oversee the operations of dairy farms that produce bulk milk.
- Plan and direct development or production of hardier or higher-yield hybrid plant varieties.
- Direct livestock or crop waste recycling operations.
- Regulate grazing, and help ranchers plan and organize grazing systems in order to manage, improve and protect rangelands and maximize their use.
- Plan and direct construction and maintenance of range improvements such as fencing, corrals, stock-watering reservoirs and soil-erosion control structures.
- Plan and implement revegetation of disturbed sites.
- Manage private livestock operations.
- Plan and supervise forestry projects, such as determining the type, number and placement of trees to be planted, managing tree nurseries, thinning forest and monitoring growth of new seedlings.
- Supervise activities of other forestry workers.
- Direct, and participate in, forest fire suppression.
- Plan and direct construction and maintenance of recreation facilities, fire towers, trails, roads and bridges, ensuring that they comply with guidelines and regulations set for forested public lands.
- Direct and monitor trapping and spawning of fish, egg incubation, and fry rearing, applying knowledge of management and fish culturing techniques.
- Direct and monitor the transfer of mature fish to lakes, ponds, streams, or commercial tanks.
- Identify environmental requirements of a particular species, and select and oversee the preparation of sites for species cultivation.
||Nursery and Greenhouse Managers
- Manage nurseries that grow horticultural plants for sale to trade or retail customers, for display or exhibition, or for research.
- Determine plant growing conditions, such as greenhouses, hydroponics, or natural settings, and set planting and care schedules.