Related occupations for task:
Perforate well casings or sidewalls of boreholes with explosive charges.
||Explosives Workers, Ordnance Handling Experts, and Blasters
- Place explosive charges in holes or other spots; then detonate explosives to demolish structures or to loosen, remove, or displace earth, rock, or other materials.
- Light fuses, drop detonating devices into wells or boreholes, or activate firing devices with plungers, dials, or buttons, in order to set off single or multiple blasts.
- Connect gun chambers to electric detonating devices, and operate controls at panelboards, in order to detonate charges in guns or to ignite chemical charges.
||Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Set charges of explosives to split rock.
||Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Lower and explode charges in boreholes to start flow of oil from wells.
- Blast rock formations and rocky areas with dynamite to facilitate posthole digging.