Related occupations for task:
Maintain and guard stations in bridges to check waterways for boat traffic.
||Air Traffic Controllers
- Monitor or direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space or on the ground at airports to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Monitor aircraft within a specific airspace, using radar, computer equipment, or visual references.
- Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Observe positions of cars passing loading spouts, and swing spouts into the correct positions at the appropriate times.
||Subway and Streetcar Operators
- Monitor lights indicating obstructions or other trains ahead and watch for car and truck traffic at crossings to stay alert to potential hazards.
||Airfield Operations Specialists
- Monitor the arrival, parking, refueling, loading, and departure of all aircraft.
||Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- Observe yard traffic to determine tracks available to accommodate inbound and outbound traffic.
See all 6 related occupations >>