Related occupations for task:
Raise drawbridges and observe passage of water traffic or lower drawbridges and raise automobile gates.
||Air Traffic Controllers
- Monitor or direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned air space or on the ground at airports to minimize delays and maximize safety.
- Monitor aircraft within a specific airspace, using radar, computer equipment, or visual references.
- Check conditions and traffic at different altitudes in response to pilots' requests for altitude changes.
||Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
- Spot cars for loading and unloading at customer locations.
- Operate track switches, derails, automatic switches, and retarders to change routing of train or cars.
||Railroad Conductors and Yardmasters
- Operate controls to activate track switches and traffic signals.
- Observe yard traffic to determine tracks available to accommodate inbound and outbound traffic.
||Subway and Streetcar Operators
- Monitor lights indicating obstructions or other trains ahead and watch for car and truck traffic at crossings to stay alert to potential hazards.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Observe positions of cars passing loading spouts, and swing spouts into the correct positions at the appropriate times.
See all 7 related occupations >>