Related occupations for task:
Confer with producers, performers, and others to determine and achieve the desired sound for a production, such as a musical recording or a film.
||Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Confer with technical directors, managers, crew members, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, music, sets, and costumes.
- Confer with stage managers to arrange schedules for rehearsals, costume fittings, and sound or light development.
- Collaborate with film and sound editors during the post-production process as films are edited and soundtracks are added.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Collaborate with those in charge of lighting and sound so that those production aspects can be coordinated with set designs or exhibit layouts.
- Confer with conservators to determine how to handle an exhibit's environmental aspects, such as lighting, temperature, and humidity, so that objects will be protected and exhibits will be enhanced.
- Confer with operations directors to formulate and maintain fair and attainable technical policies for programs.
- Discuss filter options, lens choices, and the visual effects of objects being filmed with photography directors and video operators.
||Film and Video Editors
- Confer with producers and directors concerning layout or editing approaches needed to increase dramatic or entertainment value of productions.
- Discuss the sound requirements of pictures with sound effects editors.
- Read scripts and confer with producers to determine the types and numbers of performers required for a given production.
See all 11 related occupations >>