Related Occupations for Task
29-1081.00 - Podiatrists
Related occupations for task:
Make and fit prosthetic appliances.
||Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Fit, test, and evaluate devices on patients, and make adjustments for proper fit, function, and comfort.
- Select materials and components to be used, based on device design.
- Make and modify plaster casts of areas that will be fitted with prostheses or orthoses, for use in the device construction process.
- Construct and fabricate appliances or supervise others constructing the appliances.
- Repair, rebuild, and modify prosthetic and orthopedic appliances.
- Verify that finished lenses are ground to specifications.
- Fabricate lenses to meet prescription specifications.
- Assemble eyeglasses by cutting and edging lenses, and fitting the lenses into frames.
- Grind lens edges, or apply coatings to lenses.
||Hearing Aid Specialists
- Maintain or repair hearing aids or other communication devices.
- Create or modify impressions for earmolds and hearing aid shells.
- Evaluate, fit, or adjust prosthetic or orthotic devices or recommend modification to orthotist.
- Construct, maintain, or repair medical supportive devices.
- Design and fabricate appliances, such as space maintainers, retainers, and labial and lingual arch wires.
See all 12 related occupations >>