Related occupations for task:
Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
- Gather, analyze, correlate, or evaluate information from a variety of resources, such as law enforcement databases.
- Design, use, or maintain databases and software applications, such as geographic information systems (GIS) mapping and artificial intelligence tools.
||Police Identification and Records Officers
- Identify, compare, classify, and file fingerprints, using systems such as Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) or the Henry Classification System.
||Private Detectives and Investigators
- Search computer databases, credit reports, public records, tax or legal filings, or other resources to locate persons or to compile information for investigations.
||Criminal Investigators and Special Agents
- Compare crime scene fingerprints with those from suspects or fingerprint files to identify perpetrators, using computers.
- Examine records and governmental agency files to find identifying data about suspects.