Related occupations for task:
Adjust settings for format, page layout, line spacing, and other style requirements.
- Operate desktop publishing software and equipment to design, lay out, and produce camera-ready copy.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- Convert various types of files for printing or for the Internet, using computer software.
- Prepare sample layouts for approval, using computer software.
- Edit graphics and photos, using pixel or bitmap editing, airbrushing, masking, or image retouching.
- Enter text into computer keyboard and select the size and style of type, column width, and appropriate spacing for printed materials.
- Create special effects such as vignettes, mosaics, and image combining, and add elements such as sound and animation to electronic publications.
- Package bioinformatics data for submission to public repositories.
- Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.