Related occupations for task:
Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Record vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Record height or weight of patients.
||Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Transcribe medical reports.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
- Interview patients upon admission and record information.
See more related occupations >>