||Regulatory Affairs Managers
- Develop regulatory strategies and implementation plans for the preparation and submission of new products.
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs policies and procedures to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures or local working practices.
- Contribute to the development or implementation of business unit strategic and operating plans.
- Establish procedures or systems for publishing document submissions in hardcopy or electronic formats.
||Investment Fund Managers
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Select specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
- Select or direct the execution of trades.
- Direct activities of accounting or operations departments.
||Treasurers and Controllers
- Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Delegate authority for the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Direct or coordinate an organization's financial or budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, or increase efficiency.
- Coordinate the development or implementation of budgetary control systems, recordkeeping systems, or other administrative control processes.
- Direct or coordinate activities of businesses involved with buying or selling investment products or financial services.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
||Natural Sciences Managers
- Plan or direct research, development, or production activities.
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for the architectural, scientific, or technical work performed to ensure regulatory compliance or operations enhancement.
- Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
- Develop criteria, application instructions, procedural manuals, or contracts for federal or state public transportation programs.
||Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
- Review and interpret government codes, and develop programs to ensure adherence to codes and facility safety, security, and maintenance.
- Plan, coordinate, and oversee school logistics programs, such as bus and food services.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Administer online purchasing systems.
||Public Relations and Fundraising Managers
- Establish goals for soliciting funds, develop policies for collection and safeguarding of contributions, and coordinate disbursement of funds.
- Formulate policies and procedures related to public information programs, working with public relations executives.
||Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Develop or implement policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate survey work with other project activities.
||Compensation and Benefits Managers
- Formulate policies, procedures and programs for recruitment, testing, placement, classification, orientation, benefits and compensation, and labor and industrial relations.
- Develop methods to improve employment policies, processes, and practices, and recommend changes to management.
||Education Administrators, Postsecondary
- Formulate strategic plans for the institution.
- Establish operational policies and procedures and make any necessary modifications, based on analysis of operations, demographics, and other research information.
- Direct the development or implementation of policies and procedures related to compliance throughout an organization.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
||Supply Chain Managers
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products.
||Medical and Health Services Managers
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for the facility or medical unit.
- Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
||Advertising and Promotions Managers
- Coordinate activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
- Develop, arrange for, perform, or assess executive protection activities to reduce security risks.
||Industrial Production Managers
- Set and monitor product standards, examining samples of raw products or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
||Social and Community Service Managers
- Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by boards of directors or senior management.